At Flick, we pass through all the costs of getting electricity to your place at wholesale, and then we charge you a separate retail fee for serving you as your power company. For the first time you can see exactly who you're paying, and how much, for every bit that makes up your power bill:
• Generation – the cost of the actual electricity, at the price it's traded on the wholesale market, which is also known as the spot price (the wholesale market is where the big power companies buy from, and with Flick, you have access to this!)
• Transmission/distribution – the cost of moving electricity from where it's made, like at a hydro station or wind farm, to your property (also called network charges)
• Metering – the rental for the smart meter at your property (you might be surprised to learn that you don't own your smart meter!)
• EA Levy – a small charge that funds the Electricity Authority's work to regulate the electricity industry
• Flick fee – what we charge to look after you as your power company.