Jolly good question. Spot prices tend to sit below 6 cents per kWh a whopping 47.99% of the time, and fall between 6-12 cents per kWh 45.04% of the time. From January 2014 through to 30 June 2018, the average spot price was 6.95 cents per kWh.
Articles in this section
- Do all retailers buy electricity on the spot market?
- Who sells electricity into the wholesale market?
- Are spot prices different around the country?
- Does Flick make any profit from my power bill when prices spike?
- What’s a price spike - and do I need to be worried about them?
- What’s an ‘average’ spot price?
- Are there any trends with how spot prices move?
- Why do spot prices change?
- What’s spot pricing?