Nope, not a dime. Our Freestyle plan offers Flicksters access to the exact cost of power on the wholesale electricity market. Then you’ve got the wholesale costs for things like your metering, and transmission and distribution in there, too (your dashboard, Flick app and your weekly bill break these prices down for you). Lastly, there’s our Flick fee, which is what we charge to act as your retailer. That sum is all that we take from your bill in order to provide you with our awesome services. You pay the spot price, and you can rest assured that, while the energy component of your bill can vary, we don’t make any more, or less, profit because of this.
Articles in this section
- Do all retailers buy electricity on the spot market?
- Who sells electricity into the wholesale market?
- Are spot prices different around the country?
- Does Flick make any profit from my power bill when prices spike?
- What’s a price spike - and do I need to be worried about them?
- Are there any trends with how spot prices move?
- Why do spot prices change?
- What’s spot pricing?